Vert Foods Flourless (gluten free) chocolate cake
• 6 oz of your own made chocolate (melt 4 tablespoons coconut manna mixed with 4 tablespoons maple syrup, with 8 tablespoons raw cacao)
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (you can use coconut oil also)
• 3/4 cup maple syrup
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 cup cocao
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• For Glaze:
Melt 5 tablespoons coconut oil or butter with 3 tablespoons maple syrup, stirring in 1/8 teaspoon vanilla, and 6 tablespoons raw cacao. You can melt oil/butter on low heat and stir in rest until smooth.
Preheat oven to 350°F
Spray a 7-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. If you don’t have a tart pan, use a 6 to 7-inch springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spray the paper.
1. Heat your own chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth.
2. Add maple syrup and salt and reduce heat to low. Cook while stirring for about one minute.
3. Remove pan from heat. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. The mixture will look smooth and glossy.
4. Use a mesh hand sieve to sift cocao into mixture. This prevents lumps. Whisk until the cake batter is smooth.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes. The center of the cake should be just firm to the touch, but be careful to not overbake the cake or it will be dry.
6. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert the cake on a plate.
7. Pour all of the glaze in the middle of the cake. Use a silicone or rubber spatula to spread the glaze evenly over the cake, allowing the glaze to evenly run down the sides of the cake.